Links for December 22nd through December 27th
- Getting excited helps with performance anxiety more than trying to calm down, study finds – People who tell themselves to get excited rather than trying to relax can improve their performance during anxiety-inducing activities such as public speaking and math tests, according to a study published by the American Psychological Association
- Spring 4 Enhances Support for Java 8, Java EE 7, REST and HTML5 – Pivotal released Spring 4.0, the first major release since 2009. The new release supports Java 8 with expression of callbacks using lambdas, JSR 310 Date and Time API, & parameter name discovery. Java EE 7 support includes JMS 2.0, JTA 1.2, JPA 2.1..
- What Makes a Great API? – John Musser explains how to transform a good API into a great one based on his experience with thousands of APIs at ProgrammableWeb and API Science.
- Front end Developer Interview Questions – A list of helpful front-end related questions you can use to interview potential candidates, test yourself or completely ignore.
- Tour of the NoSQL database OrientDB – Every now and then you come across open source projects that just amazes you. OrientDB is one of these projects.
- What do you get when a Document Database combines with a Graph Database? – Imagine a product with the Flexibility of a Document Database and
the ability to express Relationships like a Graph Database. This is OrientDB.
- Managing a Startup Isn’t Different – Don’t Re-invent Everything – What troubles me sometimes is seeing startups that re-invent tried and true management principles, or misinterpret them, or even ignore them, for a lack of interest in researching or learning the prior knowledge that already would have served to solve the
- Apache Sirona aims to provide a simple but extensible monitoring solution for Java applications – Apache Sirona aims to provide a simple but extensible monitoring solution for Java applications
- Summernote – Super Simple WYSIWYG editor on Bootstrap #summernote – Super Simple WYSIWYG Editor on Bootstrap
- Authbahn – Open-source real-time framework for Web, Mobile & Internet of Things – The Autobahn project provides open-source implementations of the WebSocket and WAMP protocols. WebSocket allows bidirectional real-time messaging on the Web and WAMP adds asynchronous Remote Procedure Calls and Publish & Subscribe on top of WebSocket.