- Why Discourse uses Ember.js – Evil Trout’s Blog – One question people keep asking me is “Why did you choose Ember.js?”. It’s a good one, and one that I think can be considered in two ways: “Why use a a client side MVC Framework?” and “Why Ember out of all the frameworks?” Here’s my answer to both of those questions.
- iOS 6.1 banned from corporate servers due to Exchange snafu | ZDNet – iPads and iPhones running the newest version of iOS are being blocked in some enterprises because bugs are overloading corporate Exchange servers.
- Technical Debt Will Kill You Dead (If You Let It) – Most of all, though, listen to your developers. If you’ve hired the right people, then they want clean, extensible, scalable code as much as you do.
- A Look at Oracle’s NoSQL Database – Oracle NoSQL Database offers deep integration with Oracle Database. Via Oracle’s External Tables feature, SQL queries can be written against the NoSQL Database and even joined with relational tables.Support for Hadoop, the Apache’s map-reduce technology, i
- Google’s Introduction to Datastore | Architects Zone – This Google Developers tutorial explores App Engine's Datastore service, driven by Google Bigtable:
- Which apps will drain your battery and data plan? Verizon’s got a list — Tech News and Analysis – Verizon is now reviewing iPhone and Android apps, but not based on how fun or useful they are. It’s concerned about the resources they consume, which means Facebook and many popular games get docked.
- Revolution of Java – Project Lambda – Slide & Sample Codes | Javalobby – The slide contains general Project Lambda innovations and sample project includes java.util.function interfaces, Lambda expressions, Method references, Type inferences, Defender methods, Body types and new Collection features.
- Sencha release Sencha Touch 2.1.1 to include BlackBerry 10 support – Sencha release Sencha Touch 2.1.1 to include BlackBerry 10 support along with a lot of bug fixes, performance enhancements,
- LeanSentry: IIS Application Monitoring + Diagnostics – Built by ex-Microsoft engineers to help you understand, troubleshoot, and improve your IIS and ASP.NET applications.
- Introducing the Dropbox Sync API for mobile developers – Get ready to add some Dropbox magic to your apps with the Sync API for iOS and Android, a powerful new library that makes it easier than ever to sync with Dropbox. The API takes care of all the complexity around caching, syncing, and working offline so tha
- Chocolatey NuGet is a Machine Package Manager, somewhat like apt-get, but built with Windows in mind. – Chocolatey NuGet is a Machine Package Manager, somewhat like apt-get, but built with Windows in mind.
- Chime aggregates your notifications from across the web in the browser – Chime aggregates your notifications from across the web from Gmail, G+, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and many more.
- Scivantage Rolls Out Mobile Trading Apps Built with HTML5 – American Banker Article – Scivantage announced Wednesday the launch of its new HTML5-based mobile brokerage platform, Investor Mobile, and the immediate availability of investment apps for iOS and Android devices.
- Review of Microsoft’s Surface Pro: Hefty Tablet Is a Laptop Lightweight – WSJ.com – However, I am less enamored with the Surface Pro. It's too hefty and costly and power-hungry to best the leading tablet, Apple's full-size iPad. It is also too difficult to use in your lap. It's something of a tweener—a compromised tablet and a compromised
Links for February 5th through February 10th
by Vinny Carpenter on February 11, 2013