Links for June 19th through June 23rd
- Welcome to OpenStack – An Introduction – OpenStack is an open source platform for building massively scalable cloud operating systems and can be used to power both public and private clouds. Diablo is the latest stable release of OpenStack.
- Puppet Labs and EMC open source next-generation provisioning tool: Razor – Puppet Labs and EMC announced last month the availability of Razor, an open source cloud-provisioning tool that allows automated provisioning and inventory of bare metal machines as well as virtual machines based on user-defined tagging rules. The tool currently deploys as a Puppet module and is licensed under Apache 2.0.
- Jetty on OpenShift – Lightweight Java Web Serving for the Cloud | OpenShift by Red Hat – This tutorial provides guidelines describing one way how to deploy Jetty on OpenShift. Anyone interested in more complex deployments (or production ones) I call to action.
- Spring Framework 3.2 M1 Released – Java Code Geeks – SpringSource just announced the first milestone release toward Spring 3.2. The new release is now available from the SpringSource repository at http://repo.springsource.org/
- Long live SOA in the cloud era – You might not hear much about SOA anymore, but its imperative to make 'everything a service' is more relevant than ever
- Simple Made Easy – how to achieve it in design and how to recognize its absence in the tools, language constructs and libraries – Rich Hickey discusses simplicity, why it is important, how to achieve it in design and how to recognize its absence in the tools, language constructs and libraries.
- No Price, No Date, No Apps, No Problem. No Wait — Problem. by MG Siegler – But hey, at least Surface for Windows 8 Pro comes with a pen. To quote a guy I once met, “If you see a stylus, they blew it.”