- WordPress has left the building – WordPress is the best blogging platform I, or indeed we, have ever used… but as a CMS is falling far behind the alternatives.
- Enterprise Will Spend $19 Billion on Apple Hardware in 2012 – John Paczkowski – Enterprise – AllThingsD – Apple is expected to sell $10 billion worth of iPads and $9 billion of Macs to business customers in 2012, according to Forrester’s latest Global Tech Market Outlook. Those are 68 percent and 45 percent increases, respectively, over 2011.
- MongoSV Live-Blog: Schema Design by Example – Kyle’s strategy is to start with a normalized representation and then embed for simplicity and optimization. This reminds me of our data-modeling post.
- InfoQ: Running Spring Java and Scala Apps on Heroku – James Ward demoes building a Spring Roo application and a Grails one, deploying them on Heroku.
- 10 BI Trends for 2012 According to Tableau Software • myNoSQL – 10 BI Trends for 2012 According to Tableau Software
- From the Mule’s Mouth » Enterprise IT predictions for 2012 – 2012 is here. And while we’ve seen a number of exciting developments in enterprise IT in 2011, it was just the beginning. There’s a lot in store next year, here are 6 key developments to look out for in 2012
- Recap: Improving Hadoop Performance by (up to) 1000x | LinkedIn Engineering – Daniel Abadi recently visited LinkedIn and talked about "Improving Hadoop Performance by (up to) 1000x."
Links for January 4th through January 10th
by Vinny Carpenter on January 10, 2012