- Google mobile search gets redesigned results for stocks – When you search for your favorite stock ticker symbol on your smartphone, you'll be presented with a result page that can be seen to the left in the image above. It displays an interactive graph on a 'card', and you can switch the amount of time that the graph covers by simply tapping on the buttons below it.
- Clever Title: "Intro to Scala for Java Programmers": slides, code, and links – Last week, I presented a talk titled "An Introduction to Scala for Java Programmers". I had a lot of fun making it, and I learned a ton. I thought it was interesting that the more I learned, the more I liked Scala.
- JDK 7: The New Objects Class – The java.util.Objects class is new to JDK 7 and its Javadoc states that the class is "since 1.7" and describes the class as: "This class consists of static utility methods for operating on objects. These utilities include null-safe or null-tolerant methods for computing the hash code of an object, returning a string for an object, and comparing two objects."
- What really happens when you navigate to a URL – In this article, we will take a deeper look at the sequence of events that take place when you visit a URL
- The Freight Train That Is Android « abovethecrowd.com – This is the part that amazes me the most. I don’t know if a large organized industry has ever faced this fierce a form of competition – someone who is not trying to “win” in the classic sense. They want market share, but they don’t need economics
- kundera – JPA 1.0 Annotation based ORM library for the Cassandra database – The idea behind Kundera is to make working with Cassandra drop-dead simple and fun. Kundera does not reinvent the wheel by making another client library; rather it leverages the existing libraries and builds – on top of them – a wrap-around API to help developers do away with unnecessary boiler plate codes, and program a neater-and-cleaner code that reduces code-complexity and improves quality. And above all, improves productivity.
- The Little MongoDB Book; an ebook meant to help people get familiar with MongoDB and answer some of the more common questions they have. – The Little MongoDB Book; an ebook meant to help people get familiar with MongoDB and answer some of the more common questions they have.
- Cassandra gets ready for world domination and can MongoDB scale up like Cassandra? – After using Cassandra during development for the past 8 months my team and I made the decision to switch from Cassandra to MongoDB this morning. I thought I'd share some thoughts on why we did this and where Cassandra might benefit from improvement.
- Google Web Toolkit Blog: Top Ten Reasons to use Google Plugin for Eclipse – So in no particular order, here are 10 reasons you should use Google Plugin for Eclipse (GPE).
- Ten Lessons from GitHub’s First Year – It's pretty amazing what can happen when a group of talented people who trust each other get together and decide to make something awesome.
Daily del.icio.us for March 30th through April 2nd
Previous post: Daily del.icio.us for March 26th through March 29th