- The CodeWrights Tale: Martin Fowler, Alistair Cockburn, and Optimism – “Why this is so was primarily crystallized for me by Alistair Cockburn who explained that since people are the central element in software development, and people are inherently non-linear and unpredictable – such an effort is fundamentally doomed.”
- Spring 3.0: REST services with Spring MVC « oudmaijer.com | – Spring 3.0 has support for REST style WebServices, the Spring MVC controllers facilitate the functionality. In this example I will show an example of how to implement a basic REST service that uses XML marshalling to sent information over HTTP
- Use Apache Wink with the Jackson JSON processor – Apache Wink is fast becoming one of the de facto implementations of the JAX-RS 1.0 specification. The providers included with the standard Apache Wink distribution for JSON marshalling and unmarshalling, such as JSON.org and Jettison
- InfoQ: From Agile Development to Agile Operations – Stuart Charlton talks about the opportunity brought by cloud computing to introduce agile methods and processes to the operational side of IT, reflecting on how cloud computing affects the relationship between development and operations, suggesting goals that help bridging these two worlds together, and proposing an integrated approach to application design, development and operations.
- IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.2 | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.2, is now available with a significant number of improvements in addition to a great deal of fixes.
- Ehcache – Web Caching – Ehcache provides a set of general purpose web caching filters in the ehcache-web module. Using these can make an amazing difference to web application performance. A typical server can deliver 5000+ pages per second from the page cache. With built-in gzipping, storage and network transmission is highly efficient.
- sardine – Project Hosting on Google Code – Sardine is useful for interacting with a webdav server and is much easier to programmatically manage remote files than with FTP. Sardine is focused on being a useful library for common use cases. I also need it to support the latest version of HttpClient. It abstracts away the connection details and provides easy to use methods to accomplish webdav'y actions.
- WhiteHouse.gov Releases Open Source Code | The White House – As part of our ongoing effort to develop an open platform for WhiteHouse.gov, we're releasing some of the custom code we've developed. This code is available for anyone to review, use, or modify. We're excited to see how developers across the world put our work to good use in their own applications
- gxt-interfaces – A thin layer of interfaces on top of GXT, for the purpose of testing and mocking – This is a thin layer of interfaces and simple implementations that sits on top of the GXT framework. The main purpose is to provide a simple way of creating code that is completely testable and mockable via mocking frameworks
Daily del.icio.us for April 19th through April 24th
Previous post: Daily del.icio.us for April 17th through April 19th