- Adobe Labs – BlazeDS – The BlazeDS Release Candidate was released on February 1, 2008. BlazeDS is the server-based Java remoting and web messaging technology that enables developers to easily connect to back-end distributed data and push data in real-time to Flex and AIR app
- Marcel Overdijk’s Blog: Code by convention with Flex and Spring – What this means is that Flex clients can communicate with Java objects deployed on the server. BlazeDS contains a Java Adapter which forms the infrastructure to make this possible. With Jeff Vroom’s Spring Integration you can even use Spring beans to comm
- Concern mounts over rising troop suicides – CNN.com – Every day, five U.S. soldiers try to kill themselves. Before the Iraq war began, that figure was less than one suicide attempt a day.
- My videos from Davos « Scobleizer — Tech geek blogger – I made quite a few videos on Qik last week while at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Here’s my favorites, not necessarily in order of importance. I marked the must watch videos.
- Official Google Blog: Yahoo! and the future of the Internet – Could a combination of (MSFT & YHOO) take advantage of a PC software monopoly to unfairly limit the ability of consumers to freely access competitors’ email, IM, and web-based services? Policymakers around the world need to ask these questions
- Summation: The Power of Great People (why “good enough” won’t cut it) – In markets characterized by winner takes-all – increasingly true in a globalized world – you need the very best; “good enough” will no longer cut it when against intense competition. These are the people that build great and lasting companies.
- Design Patterns and Refactoring – sourcemaking.com – Design Patterns and Refactoring
- Pure Css Data Chart | Css Globe – Data visualization is mostly achieved with flash applications or with help of some programming languages. Are those solutions the only way to present, let’s say simple data chart? How about giving it a try with nothing but good ol’ css?
- The war on Grails is really a war on Spring | Groovy Zone – Ruby is perhaps a more flexible language than Groovy (and that’s an arguable point, folks, and one which I really don’t care to get into), but Ruby also runs on a less-flexible and less-scalable and less-supported platform than Groovy. I dunno that this m
- kemelyon » FlexReport – FlexReport is a client-side report generation component. It allows you to easily generate, preview and print reports based in mxml/as3 templates.
Daily del.icio.us for February 2nd through February 3rd
Previous post: Google vs. MicrosoftYahoo