- James Duncan Davidson ? Remembering Java Naming Blunders Past – The value of a brand is created by the public that uses it, not by the company that owns it. Brands are funny things. They make us choose products out of a sense of comfort instead of an honest evaluation.
- Raible Designs | Display Tag 1.1.1 Released – Display Tag version 1.1.1 has been released. This is a bug fix release
- Java.net – Unified Expression Language for JSP and JSF – This article looks at the unified expression language (EL), which has been added to the JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL) specification in order to overcome problems when integrating the JavaServer Pages (JSP) EL with the JavaServer Faces EL.
- Web Tier to Go With Java EE 5: Summary of New Features in JSP 2.1 Technology – The expert groups have worked together on the upcoming releases of JSP 2.1 and JavaServer Faces 1.2 technologies in Java EE 5 to fix these integration issues and make sure that the two technologies work together seamlessly.
- jmockit: Project Home Page – JMockit consists of a single class with a small set of static methods, which allow arbitrary methods and constructors of any other class to be replaced by mock implementations at runtime.
- Mock Objects: Shortcomings and Use Cases – This article looks at Mock Objects, a testing technique from the XP community that offers a way to test our code in isolation by simulating those external dependencies. As with any other tool, we need to be careful and avoid overusing them.
- Jeffrey Zeldman Presents : Eric Meyer’s CSS Sculptor – Eric Meyer’s CSS Sculptor, created in collaboration with WebAssist, makes it drop-dead easy to create standards-compliant, two- and three-column CSS layouts and includes 30 of the most common web page layouts, coded the way Eric Meyer would code them.
- IT Efforts: Struts2 + Spring + JUnit – Hopefully this entry serves as some search engine friendly documentation on how one might unit test Struts 2 actions configured using Spring
- InfoQ: The Secret Sauce of Highly Productive Software Development – This article stands as a reminder that the Agile approach already offers many learning practices and mechanisms ? are they all being used to best advantage, to serve your team and your business?
- XFire Creator Joins MuleSource – Diephouse is the creator of XFire, the high performance open source SOAP framework. He joined MuleSource as the software architect focused on expanding Mule’s web services capabilities.
- Introduction To iBatis – This tutorial will focus on using iBatis in a Java application and Abator, a code generation tool
- Spring Web Services 1.0 Released | Springframework.org – After two years of development, we are pleased to announce that Spring Web Services 1.0 is now available. Spring Web Services is a product of the Spring community focused on the creation of document-driven, contract-first web services.
- Struts2 Tutorials – Several tutorials are available to help you get started with the framework, from all-purpose “soup to nuts” tutorials to specialty tutorials on portlets and database access.
- GnilronEye 1.1, system monitoring solution, released – GnilronEye 1.1, a java-based system monitoring solution, is now available for download. GnilronEye 1.1 introduces an advanced http-monitoring feature and a new report feature that include sgraphs of the monitored items.
- A CSS styled table version 2 | Veerle’s blog – In 2005 I wrote an article about styling a table with CSS. After receiving so many requests I finally decided to give in and write another tutorial.
Daily del.icio.us for Aug 21, 2007 through Aug 25, 2007
Previous post: Daily del.icio.us for Aug 16, 2007 through Aug 21, 2007
Next post: Daily del.icio.us for Aug 25, 2007