- Tutorials – Using Java Persistence API Within a Visual Web Application – Using NetBeans IDE 6.0 and the Visual Web tools, you can write applications that connect to database tables using the Java Persistence API (JPA) in addition to the Visual Web data provider components.
- Enterprise Java Community: Manage test data for integration tests using Spring and DBunit – This article will look at configuring integration tests using Spring and DBUnit so that test data is inserted into the database before every test. This article also looks at a utility to export/import test data in the database using DBunit.
- How to Get the Best Performance Out of a Java Persistence Implementation : Enterprise Tech Tips – If you are switching over to the Java Persistence API, be aware of the numerous options and decisions you have to make to boost your application’s performance. From Cache size, Pools to modes of operation, Rahul Biswas takes you through the steps. (via Th
- Citrix makes bold virtualization move with XenSource acquisition, muddies waters with Microsoft | Dana Gardner’s BriefingsDirect | ZDNet.com – Citrix Systems Inc. today roared full throttle into the ever-expanding desktop virtualization arena, when it announced its intention to acquire XenSource, Inc. of Palo Alto, Calif. The news comes right on the heels of VMWare?s huge IPO pop.
- 30 free HTML email templates – Campaign Monitor – Getting your email to look great in all the major email clients can be a challenge at times, so we’ve done the hard work for you with these 30 free email templates.
- Hitachi’s Deskstar 7K1000 hard drive – The Tech Report – Page 1 – Has Hitachi achieved a perfect balance of speed and storage with its Deskstar 7K1000? We’ve tested it against nearly 20 competitors?including its closest 750GB rivals from Seagate and Western Digital?to find out
- Amazon Web Services Developer Connection : Java Library for Amazon E-Commerce Service – Java Library for Amazon E-Commerce Service
- LiMo Foundation: Welcome – Motorola, NEC, NTT DoCoMo, Panasonic Mobile Communications, Samsung Electronics, and Vodafone established the LiMo Foundation to develop the Foundation Platform, a Linux-based, open mobile communication device software platform
- Erlang, the next Java – Erlang is going to be a very important language. It could be the next Java. Its main problem is that there is no big company behind it
- Judge Says Unix Copyrights Rightfully Belong to Novell – New York Times – In a decision that may finally settle one of the most bitter legal battles surrounding software widely used in corporate data centers, a federal judge ruled Friday afternoon that Novell, and not SCO, is the rightful owner of the copyrights for Unix OS.
- NIST endorses Microsoft’s Open XML in upcoming vote | Tech news blog – CNET News.com – The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is backing Microsoft’s effort to certify Office Open XML as an international standard.
Daily del.icio.us for Aug 11, 2007 through Aug 16, 2007
by Vinny Carpenter on August 16, 2007