Links for February 15th through March 9th
- Spinnaker is an multi-cloud continuous delivery platform for releasing software with high velocity & confidence. – Spinnaker is an open source, multi-cloud continuous delivery platform for releasing software changes with high velocity and confidence.
- How We Build Code at Netflix #devops #ci – In this post, we describe the tools and techniques used to go from source code to a deployed service serving movies and TV shows to more than 75 million global Netflix members.
- The Demographics of Innovation in the United States | ITIF – A groundbreaking ITIF survey shows why the country needs to broaden and deepen its pool of potential innovators with better STEM immigration and education policies.
- rr: lightweight recording & deterministic debugging – rr aspires to be your primary debugging tool, replacing — well, enhancing — gdb. You record a failure once, then debug the recording, deterministically, as many times as you want. The same execution is replayed every time.
- Inside the Artificial Intelligence Revolution: Pt. 1 – We may be on the verge of creating a new life form, one that could mark not only an evolutionary breakthrough, but a potential threat to our survival as a species
- Serverless Framework – Part 1: Up and running – I was in the middle of a blog post about the JAWS framework and before I had finished it changed its name to the Serverless framework. It is a very clever way to build apps without worrying about provisioning server or whether it will scale. This is becaus
- The Robots Are Coming for Wall Street – Hundreds of financial analysts are being replaced
with software. What office jobs are next?
- Google launches Cloud Dataproc service out of beta #hadoop – Google today announced that its Cloud Dataproc service — a fully managed tool based on the Hadoop and Spark open source big data software — is now generally available
- linkerd: Twitter-style Operability for Microservices – linkerd is our open-source RPC proxy for microservices. It's built directly on Finagle, and is designed to give you all the operational benefits of Twitter's microservice architecture—those many lessons learned over many years—in a way that's self-containe
- Kotlin 1.0 Released: Pragmatic Language for JVM and Android – Kotlin is a pragmatic programming language for JVM and Android that combines OO and functional features and is focused on interoperability, safety, clarity and tooling support.