Links for August 30th through September 4th
- AngularJS Tutorial: Learn to Build Modern Web Apps | Thinkster – This tutorial will guide you through the process of creating a full-stack application. It features step-by-step instructions on how to build a fantasy football application, code snippets of the full application, and explanations on design decisions
- SQL Injection – Understanding and Protection – n this article, we will continue our previously-discussed technical side of SQL injections, as it is imperative to ensure complete knowledge of what a SQL injection is. Otherwise, how can you protect against it? In order to completely understand what a SQL injection is, one must know how a SQL injection works
- iOS7 is not about flat – Apple’s new mobile operating system lets us develop lighter, faster apps – Background fetching in iOS7 lets an app wake up before you use it?—?just enough to present the data you’ll want at the moment you open it. It’s like one of those coffee makers that automatically brews your morning joe so it’s fresh and hot just when you come down to the kitchen.
- Amazon ElastiCache – Now With a Dash of Redis – In addition to the existing support for Memcached, Amazon ElastiCache now supports the popular Redis key-value store. If you are already running Redis on-premises or on an EC2 instance, it should be very easy for you to upgrade to ElastiCache, while gainin
- A painfully obsessive cheat sheet to favicon sizes/types – A painfully obsessive cheat sheet to favicon sizes/types
- Google goes back to the future with SQL F1 database • The Register – F1 uses some of Google's most advanced technologies, such as BigTable and the planet-spanning "Spanner" database, which F1 servers are co-located with for optimum use. Google describes it as a "a hybrid, combining the best aspects of traditional relational databases and scalable NoSQL systems".
- AngularFire – A real-time backend for AngularJS from Firebase – AngularFire is built to make sure you can write your app as quickly as possible. There's no backend code to write or servers to set up, just start writing your frontend code and focus on building a great experience.
- HTML5 Threading with Web Workers and Data Storage with IndexedDB – In this article, I continue exploring HTML5 features with a look at Web Workers, which let you speed up your client-side applications, and Indexed DB, a client-side data storage mechanism that is the preferred storage approach going forward in HTML5. (Befo
- Reactor 1.0.0.M2 – a foundation for reactive fast-data applications on the JVM – Reactor is a foundational framework for building high-throughput, asynchronous, reactive applications on the JVM. It provides Selector-style topic matching for event routing, dynamic Consumer assignment, an uber-fast task processor, and reactive Stream and