Links for April 3rd through April 8th
- Top 10 Reasons I like Postgres Over SQL Server – DataChomp – Below is my quick little list of reasons I gave him as to why I’m favoring Postgres over SQL Server from a technical/business aspect.
- Pixate Bootstrap – Sleek, intuitive, and powerful front-end framework for faster and easier mobile app development. – Pixate Bootstrap is based on the popular Twitter Bootstrap framework and has been made to work on the Pixate Engine for iOS. Because web and native mobile apps are different, not everything in Bootstrap can be mapped 1:1 to a native iOS application, but ev
- The Economic Story of the Year: The Stock Market vs. the Labor Market – No matter how you want to break down the schism — 99% vs. 1%; wages vs. wealth; labor vs. capital; local vs. global — this is big economic story, now
- Gartner’s Technology Trends for Information Infrastructure: Big Data, NoSQL and In-Memory Computing – Big Data, NoSQL databases and In-Memory computing are some of the technologies that will play key role in modernizing information management in 2013 and beyond, according to Gartner. A recent report released by Gartner team identifies the top technology trends that will have impact on the information infrastructure and governance.
- 25 iOS App Performance Tips & Tricks – Ray Wenderlich – This article gathers together 25 tips and tricks that you can use to improve the performance of your apps, in the form of a handy checklist.
- SAP: Is HANA growth overstated? | ZDNet – SAP has shown strong growth with its HANA in-memory analytics systems, but at least one analyst is questioning the growth and adding that the company may be allocating other products to the category.
- 3 Things You Need to Turn Your Enterprise Into A Platform – Laura Merling shares advice in building a software platform for the enterprise based on 3 ideas: Product to Sell, Self-Service with Full Service, Things in Common.
- Web Application Development Frameworks performance benchmark – Round 2 – Last week, we posted the results of benchmarking several web application development and frameworks. The response was tremendous. We received comments, recommendations, advice, criticism, questions, and most importantly pull requests from dozens of readers
- TheBigDB :: The open facts database – TheBigDB is a very loosely structured database of facts,
free and open to everybody.
- Microsoft to Make Leaps in the Mobile Enterprise – CIO.com – Apple, Google, Microsoft and BlackBerry bear down for the great mobile enterprise race in 2013. Here are the results from an exclusive survey on mobile app deployment plans for all mobile platforms. The winners and losers may surprise you.