Daily del.icio.us for October 21st through October 30th
- JetBrains TeamCity Blog » Blog Archive » Yet another step to TeamCity 5.0 – TeamCity 5.0 is approaching inevitably and here we are with fresh EAP build.
All major new features have been introduced already in previous EAPs, but still you’ll find lots of improvements and fixes to check
- Oracle Reveals Plans for NetBeans, Glassfish, and VirtualBox | Javalobby – Oracle recently updated its FAQ on the future of Sun technologies. Glassfish, OpenOffice, NetBeans and VirtualBox were just some of the items mentioned. Here are some specifics on each project
- Java 5 dies – mourning a revolution – It is the 30th of October 2009, the day the music stopped. Or at least the music of Java 5. Today is the day that marks the End of Service for J2SE 5.0. No more general support or bug fixes for this edition. Time to move up to at least Java 6.
- InfoQ: Apache POI 3.5 Released with OOXML Support – Apache have released version 3.5 of POI, the Java library for working with Microsoft's document formats. POI previously supported Microsoft's OLE2 compound document formats as used in Office 97-2003 (versions 8.0 – 11). With POI 3.5 Apache have added support for Microsoft's Office Open XML (OOXML) document standard, the default file format for Microsoft Office 2007.
- Update a Running JavaEE Application | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – Next Maia EAP build includes new action that lets you quickly update a running JavaEE application after you changed its code. To invoke it, either press Ctrl+F10, or click this button on the Run tool window bar:
- Quietly Scheming » Blog Archive » What’s new in Flex 4: Out on Video – The full video of my session at MAX this year — “What’s new in Flex 4″ — is now available on adobe tv. Watch it here.
- Droid vs iPhone: The Comparison Chart [PIC] – Is it worth switching to if you already carry an iPhone or another device? To provide some guidance, BillShrink has produced a detailed chart looking at Droid, iPhone, Palm Pre, and MyTouch 3G
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- Survey shows iPhone threatens BlackBerry; Palm holds steady | Circuit Breaker – CNET News – Despite having more models of smartphones, RIM is facing serious competition from Apple, whose iPhone has 30 percent market share among those surveyed. That's an increase of 5 percentage points since June, when the new iPhone 3GS was released.
- Thoughts on the Whitehouse.gov switch to Drupal – O’Reilly Radar – This is great news not only for the use of open source software, but the validation of the open source development model. The White House's adoption of community-based software provides a great example for the rest of the government to follow
- Enterprise Java Community: SAML: It’s Not just for Web services – SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) is an XML-based standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between security domains. SAML is a product of the OASIS Security Services Technical Committee
- Gojko Adzic » Mockito in six easy examples – Mockito is a fantastic mock library for Java. I’m fascinated by how easy it is to use, compared to other things out there both in the Java and .NET world. Here is everything you need to know to get started in six really easy examples.
- SpringSource Boosts Java Framework With Spring 3.0 — Application Development Trends – Spring 3.0 features full support for RESTful Web services and a new expression language. The new Developer Edition of the tc Server is designed to give developers visibility and information when debugging and performance tweaking their Spring apps.