- NPR’s broadcast audience surges. Can it do the same online? | The Industry Standard – "At a time when newspapers, magazines and TV news continue to lose readers and viewers," writes Washington Post reporter Paul Farhi, "the audience for NPR's daily news programs, including Morning Edition and All Things Considered, reached a record last year
- Van Couvering Is Not a Verb: Sun gets behind clouds, may be Eclipsed – thoughts from an ex-employee – Sun has had this amazing ability to thrash for a very long time on large and ultimately doomed projects (remember N1?), and they just haven't been able to turn the corner and really reinvent themselves
- Google’s former CIO barely lasts a year at EMI | Digital Media – CNET News – Douglas Merrill, Google's former chief information officer who jumped to EMI Music not quite a year ago, has resigned as chief of the label's digital unit.
- HowTo: EC2 for Poets – The goal is to make cloud computing less mysterious by helping people through the process of setting up a server on Amazon EC2. The title derives from a class that was offered at the University of Wisconsin, when I was a grad student there, called Computer Science for Poets.
- Scobleizer: Technology, innovation, and geek enthusiasm » Blog Archive Why Facebook has never listened and why it definitely won’t start now « – Zuckerberg is a real leader because he doesn’t care what anyone thinks. He’s going to do what he thinks is best for his business. I wish Silicon Valley had more like him
- Spring BlazeDS Integration Home – Spring BlazeDS Integration is a new addition to the Spring portfolio, and a component of the complete Spring Web stack. This project's purpose is to make it easier to build Spring-powered Rich Internet Applications using Adobe Flex as the front-end client.
- Command-line Fu < The best UNIX commands on the web – Command-Line-Fu is the place to record those command-line gems that you return to again and again.
- Spring Finance Sample Application | StSMedia – Spring Finance is designed to be a simple finance tracker application for the Simpsons family. As some of you might know the Simpsons frequently have financial trouble of all sorts. They borrow money from their neighbour, the Ned Flanders, the local power plant owner, Mr Burns, and others.
- The Atlassian Blog – Comparing SharePoint to Confluence? – Last week Martin Seibert at Seibert Media wrote an interesting blog post where he evaluated SharePoint as an enterprise wiki.
He posed the question, is SharePoint really a good alternative to a fully developed company wiki? He draws his conclusion early and then presents a list of compelling arguments as to why SharePoint is not a good wiki alternative
- The Big Takeover : Rolling Stone – The global economic crisis isn't about money – it's about power. How Wall Street insiders are using the bailout to stage a revolution
Previous Post: Daily del.icio.us for March 14th through March 19th