- BMW Using Microsoft Surface for Product Navigator – BMW has hosted a video on how they are implementing Microsoft Surface for product configuration. BMW is the first car manufacturer worldwide to use this product commercially. By interacting with this multi-touch surface that runs on special hardware and software provided by Microsoft, customers can configure their BMW and instantly see their results.
- Joining Google | Continuing Intermittent Incoherency – Three years after many of my friends joined Google, the appeal of getting to fix the “web as platform” problem from the inside has finally proven irresistible. There’s much to do, and the WebKit platform seems like the best shot that we have (collectively) at forging a future that’s not just open, but also markedly better
- FDA Sets Melamine Guide for Baby Formula – Melamine in US-made baby formula found? No problem. FDA sets standard for melamine higher than level found. Problem solved.
- Vitamin D Insufficiency Linked to Parkinson’s Disease – Now, a recent study published in the Archives of Neurology has found that low levels of vitamin D could also have a part to play in the development of Parkinson’s Disease (PD).
- Growing Object-Oriented Software, Guided by Tests – Test-Driven Development (TDD) is a deceptively simple idea: write the tests for your code before writing the code itself. We say “deceptively simple” because this reversal fundamentally changes the role that testing plays in the development process and challenges the industry's assumptions about what testing is for
- JetBrains TeamCity Blog » Blog Archive » TeamCity 4.0 Released! – Please welcome TeamCity 4.0, a new version of our distributed build management and continuous integration server! TeamCity 4.0 comes with many scalability and performance improvements, yet bringing more productivity enhancement to every developer in a team.
- jMock vs. Easymock – syntax comparison | Tomek’s blog – The question is which one makes your tests more readable ? For me the simplicity of test classes is a top priority. I believe that test classes should be VERY easy to understand.
And the winner is… EasyMock ! I don't say that EasyMock is superior. I only find it's syntax easier to understand. Because both frameworks allow me to do what I want to do, I'll keep on using this library.
- Mumbai under attack – The Big Picture – Boston.com – Late Wednesday night, Mumbai, India found itself the target of a ferocious terrorist attack, and the situation remains unresolved even now, three days later. According to reports, upwards of 60 young men entered Mumbai in small inflatable boats on Wednesday night, carrying bags filled with weapons and ammunition, and spread out to nine locations to begin their attacks.
- ongoing · What Sun Should Do – Sun is going through a lousy spell right now. Well, so is the world’s economy in general and the IT business in particular, but this is about Sun. This is my opinion about what my employer should do about it
Previous Post: Tragic events in Mumbai (Bombay), India